"When I was referred to Bay Area Physical Therapy after my shoulder surgery, I was treated with unexpected sensitivity, interest and care," says Brian G.
Bay Area Physical Therapy is dedicated to returning you to the activities you love! We have excellent physical therapists, all with differing backgrounds and experience, who truly care about their patients. They are trained in a variety of disciplines including Australian manual therapy, McKenzie approach, Gary Gray, PNF, Active Release Therapy (ART) techniques, Graston technique, Pilates, Gyrotonic and Myofascial Release.
We assist patients with a hands-on approach that includes skilled manual therapy, targeted exercise programs and specialized therapy modalities to improve movement and function.
Click on a service to read more. Click to expand all servicescollapse all services for review.
Functional Orthopedic Rehabilitation
This is a provision of treatment including strength, conditioning, and functional training for individuals of all ages with musculoskeletal disorders or dysfunctions. Common conditions include:
- Back pain, neck pain, joint injuries, strains and sprains, or fractures and dislocations.
- Pre-surgical interventions to help avoid surgeries and/or to help improve outcomes and recovery.
- Overuse injuries, carpal tunnel syndrome, postural and stress disorders.
- Pregnancy and postpartum pain and weakness as well as pelvic floor stabilization (external treatment only).
Post-Surgical or Post-Injury Rehabilitation
Neurological rehabilitation includes the treatments of individuals with movement problems due to neurological conditions such as:
- Balance and vestibular disorders, including fall-risk
- Stroke or spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Multiple sclerosis
- Parkinson's disease
- Acute or chronic peripheral neuropathies, including Guillian Barré, or ALS
- As well as many other conditions
This includes physical therapy treatment for individuals of all ages that require care following an injury, surgery or illness. Common conditions include:
- Total or partial joint replacements
- Shoulder rotator cuff repair
- Fractures or multiple traumas
- And many other medical problems and/or surgical procedures requiring physical rehabilitation
Secondary conditioning relates to the revitalization of the body after experiencing incidents, such as a fall, or a weakened state from illnesses. Examples include:
- Cancer-related debility
- Conditioning the cardiovascular and pulmonary systems following inactivity or a weakened state.
- Conditioning of muscles and joints following transplantation, surgery or illness.
Sports Conditioning & Rehabilitation
We have specialized treatment services and classes for optimal aging! We offer services that in aid in the rehabilitation and management of the following conditions:
- Gait and balance disorders, including fall-risk
- Postural disorders
- Bone health, including the management of arthritis, osteopenia and osteoporosis=
We are committed to aiding in the prevention, evaluation, treatment, performance enhancement, rehabilitation and recovery of sports-related injuries. We are dedicated to returning patients to active lifestyles! Services includes:
- Strength training and conditioning for performance enhancement and injury prevention so that you can return safely to sports activities.
- Rehabilitation for overuse and impact injuries in recreational and professional sports
We offer specialized services in the management of:
- Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo
- Pelvic Floor dysfunctions (external treatment only)
Some of the treatment for specialized conditions are referred to our sister company Lafayette Physical Therapy.