Pilates is a physical fitness system developed by Joseph Pilates set to improve strength, flexibility, and coordination. The combination of exercise and rehabilitation is growing in popularity.
Our Pilates trainer, a licensed physical therapist assistant, teams up with other PT specialists to make sure your program integrates well with other PT activities and complements your orthopedic needs and fitness level. To help you recover from an injury and regain your muscular balance, we offer private sessions using a reformer and other equipment to provide resistance or assistance as needed.
The benefits include:
- Enhanced Performance and Injury Prevention When Cross-Training
- Core Strength Integrating the Trunk, Pelvis and Shoulder Girdle
- Improved Posture
- Leaner Muscles and a Flatter Stomach
- Less Back Pain and a More Stable Spine
- Strength and Flexibility Regardless of Age
Call us to learn how you can benefit from this form of exercise.